Signature Authority for Spouses

Written by on June 21, 2011 in News

Spouses may sign documents on behalf of each other for Farm Service Agency (FSA) and Commodity Credit Corporation (CCC) programs in which either has an interest unless written notification denying a spouse this authority has been provided to the County Office. Spouses shall not sign on behalf of the other as an authorized signatory for partnerships, joint ventures, corporations, or other similar entities unless authorized by a Power Of Attorney (POA). Spouses may not sign for each other for Farm Loan Program (FLP) purposes.

Producers should visit their county FSA office if they have questions on this or any FSA policy. More information on FSA programs is at:

Comments are closed.