Bids accepted, excavation slated for October
MT. PLEASANT – At the September Henry County Health Center Board of Trustees meeting, bids were reviewed and accepted for Phase III of the health center’s construction project. This project will allow HCHC to meet the future healthcare needs of area residents.
Phase III will begin with construction of a new Surgery Center, followed by remodeling to the Specialty Clinics and Outpatient Services areas. The Board of Trustees awarded the following bids:
• General Construction Jean C Wiley & Sons $599,126
• Excavation, Site Utilities & Improvements Kinney & Son Construction $122,238
• Concrete, Foundation, Helical Piers J & L Construction $271,550
• Masonry & Stone Gary Sanders Masonry $104,850
• Structural, Misc Steel & Erection TriCon Construction $294,000
• Roofing & Sheetmetal Jim Giese Roofing $125,825
• Fireproofing Apex Distributing $ 51,261
• Studs, Insulation, Vapor Barriers Hilsabeck $535,900
Drywall & Finish, Painting & Wall Coverings
• Acoustical & Wood Ceilings, Acoustical Panels Hilsabeck $ 97,500
• Elevator Schumacher $149,609
• Fire Protection Midwest Automatic Fire Sprinkler $ 80,120
• Mechanical Brockway Mechanical $1,953,228
• Electrical All Pro Electrical $1,172,000
Expanding to meet Henry County’s needs
HCHC’s three-phase building project is designed to serve our communities’ healthcare needs for many years to come. These enhancements will enable HCHC to remain a leader in providing quality healthcare for patients of all ages and stages of life.
HCHC’s multi-phased facilities master plan includes a $15.8 million improvement project to enhance HCHC Surgical Services, Specialty Clinics and Outpatient Services, as well as modernize our energy plant.
Phase One: Construction of the new Energy Center was completed in Summer 2012. The building provides the electrical, heating and cooling supply, allowing for future growth and sustainability of the health center.
Phase Two: Populating the Energy Center with equipment that provides the infrastructure to the organization.
Phase Three: Construction of a new Surgery Department and expansion of Outpatient and Specialty Clinic areas. Following construction of the Surgery Department, remodeling will begin to Outpatient and Specialty Clinic areas.
HCHC’s new Surgery Center, Specialty Clinics and Outpatient Services
The project will allow for expansion of the Surgery Department. It will also enhance the patient experience within outpatient and specialty clinic service areas.
These enhancements will offer the community:
• Improved patient registration area
• 10 pre-operative, recovery rooms
• 2 operating rooms plus an endoscopy suite
• A separate surgery waiting room
• Remodeled outpatient services area
• A laboratory with private lab draw stations
• Room improvements for outpatient cardiopulmonary services
• Additional Specialty Clinic exam rooms for visiting specialists
• A new Women’s Center in Radiology
• A new Health Education Center for educational classes and training
• Exterior canopy to shelter Radiology patients from adverse weather conditions
Areas affected by construction
HCHC’s goal is to ensure a positive experience for patients and visitors. This includes keeping the public well informed of the construction progress and what is affected by the construction. The following areas will be impacted immediately:
• Parking: The Frontage Road (the street that runs between the health center and the parking lot) will be closed. This means that all street parking from the corner of West Warren Street to the main lobby entrance of the hospital will be removed. The parking lots will no longer be accessible from the Frontage Road so all parking lots must be accessed from White Street. Handicapped parking will be re-established in the parking lot that is located the closest to the health center’s main entrance. Patients may park in any of the parking lots that are closest to their destination, with the handicapped spots reserved for those with handicapped stickers. (Refer to the attached map.)
• The entrance located by the Health Education Center will no longer be accessible. The front entrance doors to the lobby are open every day from 5 a.m.-9 p.m.
Updates on the construction project can be found on HCHC’s web site www.hchc.org by clicking on “Building Project Updates” located on the left side of the homepage. “Like” us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HenryCountyHealthCenter where updates will also be posted. In addition, important information will be placed in area news media. If you have additional questions about the construction project, please call HCHC’s Public Information Department at 319.385.6124.