There are a few rules for entering the Show.
1. The Iris specimen or flowers contained in your arrangement must be grown in your garden or that of a friend. In other words, you should not buy them
2. All ages may enter. Children are encourage to show in all categories.
3. Bring your own container for exhibiting Iris specimens. A glass pop bottle or wine bottle (label removed) works well. Irises are judged in color categories. Consideration is given to height, position of blooms on the stalk, size and shape of the flower.
4. Arrangements may be with or without Irises. The following is a list of this year’s category themes:
a. Monochromatic (same color, different shades)
b. Black Tie (formal arrangement)
c.Mother’s Kitchen Cupboard
d. Country Collage
e. Salute to America
f. Magnificant Mix
g. Grand and Glorious
h. Tiny Treasures (not more than 6 inches)
5. Registration is between 8:00 and 10:30 am . The Show will be open to the public from 12:30 -3:00 pm.
In addition to the live specimens of Iris at the Iris Show this year, we have decided to include some other forms of art featuring Iris as the theme.
Fiber arts will include wall hanging or framed quilts, framed embrodery and crewel featuring an iris theme.
We also are encouraging origional art on canvas, pottery, and carving featuring the Iris.
For these new exhibits, the committee will need you to get back to them with information about your item by May 10 so display strategy can be worked out. We would like to know what the item is and it’s size. Items should be brought to the show on the morning of May 18 between 8:00 and 10:00 and picked up shortly after 3.
Preferred way of contact is through e-mail email@example.com
If that is not easy for you please call with the info 385-4386.
Of course, the live Iris flower is still the show’s main focus and flowers will be judged as always. Other art forms featuring the Iris will not be judged but a People’s Choice ribbon be awarded by public vote. We are looking forward to this new deminsion of the show!
The show will be open to the public from 12:30 to 3:00. There is no admission fee. This is Mt. Pleasant Woman’s Club gift to the community. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend. That is May 18 at the HCHC lobby.