Burlington, Iowa, May 1, 2013 – Young House Family Services is sponsoring a concert by local recording artist Pastor Monte Knudsen at 7:30 p.m. Friday, May 10, at Pzazz Convention and Event Center, 3001 Winegard Dr., Burlington. Tickets, which will be available at the door, are $10 for adults. Children under 18 are free. Proceeds will benefit children and families in southeast Iowa.
Young House Family Services was founded in 1971 in response to the needs of troubled children and families in southeast Iowa.Young House Family Services is accredited by the Council on Accreditation.
Young House Family Services provides services throughout southeast Iowa, with facilities in Burlington, Mount Pleasant and Fairfield. Young House Family Services provides:
• Comprehensive Residential and Day Treatment programs for adolescents with delinquent, behavioral or emotional problems.
• School Programs for students who are aggressive, angry or extremely disruptive in school
• Outpatient Therapy for adults, children and families.
• In-home and community-based services, including crisis intervention, skill development and counseling for children and families.
• Home studies and post-adoption services for prospective and adoptive families.
• School Liaison Program to monitor students’ truancy, tardiness and behaviors.
• After Care services for youth who have turned 18 while living in foster care, including establishing independent living, employment training and counseling.
Monte Knudsen, pastor of Faith Christian Outreach Church in Mount Pleasant, has recorded three albums. He ministers through songwriting, singing and playing the piano. He and his wife, Peggy, are longtime supporters of Young House Family Services. During the concert, Knudsen will share a special song written at the time the agency helped the couple adopt their two youngest sons.“We have six children, and adopted four of them from foster care,” said Peggy Knudsen. “We were blessed to have more than 75 children in our home over 20 years. We had a desire to make a small difference in the life of kids.”
The concert will follow the Young House Family Services’ Annual Banquet. After the concert there will be a Silent Auction, as well as Raffle Drawings for four Cardinals season tickets, an iPad®, bicycle and many other prizes. Raffle tickets will be $5 each, and winners do not have to be present for the drawing. Please call 319-752-4000 for more information.