Keokuk defeated the Mt. Pleasant High School JV football team on Evans Field 34-14 last night, M.P. goes to Williamsburg Thursday night to wrap up the JV season.
Beau Parkevich 16 TD catch from Hess (Korte Maddy PAT)
Clayle Franklin 8yd TD catch from Joseph Hess (Maddy PAT)
Hess 10 for 22 for 177yds 2TDS
Franklin 3 catches for 88 yds (TD)
Parkevich 2 catches for 13 yds (TD)
Anthony Carrasco 5 catches for 80 yds
3 Fumbles and Negative yardage as the running game sputtered
Tyler Ruby 1/16 (Fumble Recovery and Interception)
Rob Pohren 0/10 (Fumble Recovery)
Korte Maddy 2/8
Colten Mertens 2/5
Brady Richards 0/6
Isaac Davis (Fumble Recovery)
Beau Parkevich (Interception)
The latest Radio Iowa high school football poll has been released:
1. Dowling Catholic (8-0), LW #1 vs Marshalltown
2. Pleasant Valley (8-0), LW #2 vs Burlington
3. Ames (8-0), LW #3 vs Johnston
4. WDM Valley (6-2), LW #4 @ Sioux City East
5. Waukee (7-1), LW #5 @ Sioux City West
6. Cedar Rapids Xavier (7-1), LW #6 @ Linn-Mar
7. Iowa City High (7-1), LW #7 @ CR Kennedy
8. Davenport Assumption (8-1), LW #9 vs Davenport North
9. Iowa City West (7-1), LW #10 vs Waterloo East
10.Urbandale (6-2), LW (X) vs CB Thomas Jefferson
1. Sioux City Heelan (8-0), LW #1 @ #8 Spencer
2. Clear Lake (8-0), LW #2 @ Algona
3. Pella (8-0), LW #3 vs Winterset
4. Decorah (8-0), LW #4 @ Western Dubuque
5. Harlan (7-1), LW #5 @ Adel ADM
6. Washington (7-1), LW #6 @ Centerville
7. Boone (8-0), LW #7 @ #9 Dallas Center-Grimes
8. Spencer (7-1), LW #8 vs #1 Heelan
9. Dallas Center-Grimes (7-1), LW #9 vs #7 Boone
10.Solon (7-1), LW #10 @ Benton
1. Waukon (8-0), LW #1 @ #5 New Hampton
2. Carroll Kuemper (8-0), LW #2 vs Clarinda
3. West Marshall (8-0), LW #3 @ Gilbert
4. Albia (8-0), LW #4 @ Eddyville-Blakesburg
5. New Hampton (8-0), LW #5 vs #1 Waukon
6. Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley (7-1), LW #6 vs Central Lyon/GLR
7. Mediapolis (8-0), LW #7 vs Louisa-Muscatine
8. Sioux Center (6-2), LW (X) vs MOC/Floyd Valley
9. Spirit Lake (7-1), LW #9 @ Estherville-LC
10.Cascade (7-1), LW #10 @ Dyersville Beckman
1. Iowa City Regina (8-0), LW #1 @ Sigourney-Keota
2. Dike-New Hartford (8-0), LW #2 vs Aplington-Parkersburg
3. Council Bluffs St. Albert (8-0), LW #3 vs Missouri Valley
4. North Fayette Valley (8-0), LW #4 @ Sumner-Fredricksburg
5. Fort Dodge St. Edmond (8-0), LW #5 @ Eagle Grove
6. Wilton (7-1), LW #6 vs Wapello
7. Maquoketa Valley (8-0), LW #7 @ North Cedar
8. Van Meter (8-0), LW #8 @ DSM Christian
9. Clayton Ridge (7-1), LW #10 vs MFL Marmac
10.South O’Brien (7-1), LW (X) vs Western Christian
1. West Lyon (8-0), LW #1 @ Akron-Westfield
2. BGM (Brooklyn) (8-0), LW #2 @ #6 Pekin
3. Wapsie Valley (8-0), LW #3 vs Postville
4. AHST (Avoca) (8-0), LW #4 @ Underwood
5. AGWSR (9-0), LW #5 vs Prairie Valley
6. Pekin (7-1), LW #6 vs #2 BGM
7. Gladbrook-Reinbeck (6-2), LW #7 vs GMG
8. Algona Garrigan (6-2), LW #9 @ Lake Mills
9. Lisbon (6-2), LW #10 vs Lone Tree
10.Hinton (6-2), LW (X) vs Lawton-Bronson
1. Exira/Elk Horn-Kimballton (8-0), LW #1 Idle
2. Don Bosco (8-0), LW #2 vs Northwood-Kensett
3. Newell-Fonda (8-0), LW #3 vs #6 West Bend-Mallard
4. Adair-Casey (8-0), LW #4 @ Coon Rapids-Bayard
5. Springville (8-0), LW #5 @ Midland (Wyoming)
6. West Bend-Mallard (9-0), LW #6 @ #3 Newell-Fonda
7. Janesville (7-1), LW #7 @ Riceville
8. Marcus MMC (7-1), LW #8 @ Kingsley-Pierson
9. Glidden-Ralston (7-1), LW #10 vs AR-WE-VA
10.River Valley (7-1), LW (X) @ Clay Central-Everly
The Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union Regional volleyball tournaments begin tonight.
Class 1A is loaded with ranked teams here in Southeast Iowa. In Region 8 first round play begins with #1 ranked Holy Trinity Catholic hosting Maharishi, KILJ-FM 105.5 and kilj.com will broadcast the match live, the winner plays Harmony at HTC on Oct. 29th. 9th ranked Winfield Mt. Union has a first round bye and will play host to the winner of the Keota vs Sigourney match on the 29th. Other teams in the Regional are: Seymour, Moravia, Corydon Wayne, Moulton-Udell, North Mahaska, Melcher-Dallas, Tri-County and Twin Cedars.
Region 7 has #3 ranked New London getting a first round bye, they will play the winner of the October 22nd Waco vs Notre Dame match on Oct. 29th in New London. Other teams in the regional: Easton Valley, Prince of Peace, Midland, Lisbon, Central City, Springville, Cedar Valley Christian, Lone tree, Rivermont Collegiate and Calamus-Wheatland.
The State Volleyball Tournament is November 12th thru 15th at the U.S. Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids.
Class 2A Regional volleyball matches tonight has Danville at West Burlington, Columbus Community at Durant, Wapello at Pekin.
In Class 4A the Mt. Pleasant Panthers will host conference foe Keokuk in the first round at 7 p.m. on Oct. 28th. The winner of that match advances to the semi finals at Solon on Oct. 31st against #2 ranked Solon. The other teams in the regional are Oskaloosa, Fairfield, and Clear Creek-Amana.
In Class 3A #15 Mediapolis hosts L&M on October 28th and the winner of that match will play at Mediapolis October 31ST against the Central Lee vs Davis County match winner. Other teams in the Regional are: Camanche, Tipton, West Liberty and Mt. Vernon.
Class 2A has first round play on October 22nd with Columbus Community at Durant, Wapello at Pekin, Danville at West Burlington, Highland at Iowa City Regina.
The Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union and Iowa High School Athletic Association cross country State Qualifying Meets will be held on Thursday October 24th. The Mt. Pleasant Panther girls and boys will run at Solon in 3A competition against the host school along with Davenport Assumption, Benton Community, Center Point Urbana, Central Clinton DeWitt, Clear Creek-Amana, Maquoketa, Marion, Mount Vernon, Washington and Xavier of Cedar Rapids.
Class 2A area teams will run at Tipton. Mediapolis, Central Lee, Columbus Community, Danville, L&M and West Burlington-Notre Dame will be there.
Class 1A schools go to Wildwood Park in Ottumwa. The area teams are: Winfield Mt. Union, Harmony, Highland, Holy Trinity Catholic, IMS, Lone Tree, Maharishi, Pekin, Van Buren, Waco and Wapello.
The top 3 teams in each meet and top ten individuals qualify for the State Cross Country meet in Ft. Dodge on November 2nd.
The 2013 Major League Baseball World Series begins tomorrow night in Boston at 7:07 p.m. Game 2 will be Thursday night in Boston before moving to St. Louis on Saturday for a night game.
Area football games for Friday October 25th:
Williamsburg at Mount Pleasant
Fairfield at Chariton (ND)
Keokuk at Fort Madison
Washington at Centerville
Williamsburg at Mount Pleasant
Columbus Community at Camanche (ND)
Louisa-Muscatine at Mediapolis
Mid-Prairie at West Liberty
West Burlington/Notre Dame at Central Lee
Albia at Eddyville-Blakesburg-Fremont (ND)
Cardinal, Eldon at West Branch
Regina, Iowa City at Sigourney/Keota
Wapello at Wilton
Highland at WACO
Lone Tree at Lisbon
Van Buren at Danville
Winfield-Mt. Union at New London
Burlington at Pleasant Valley
Clinton at Bettendorf
Davenport, Central at North Scott, Eldridge
Davenport, North at Assumption, Davenport
Iowa Wesleyan College is going to be hosting a boy’s basketball youth skills camp this fall in Ruble Arena. It’s for boys in grades 3rd thru 8th, and will be held November 8th beginning at 8:30 a.m. Camp will go until 11:30. Cost of the camp is $25 and that includes a t-shirt, please sign up by November 1st.
On November 9th a boy’s basketball skills tune up camp will be held in Ruble arena for boys in grades 7 thru 12. Registration begins at 1:30 p.m. and camp will run from 2-5. Cost is $25 which includes a t-shirt.
If you have questions about either camp call coach Todd Lorensen at 931-8798 or go to email@example.com.