Twelve students from southeast Iowa were chosen as Access Energy Cooperative Poster Contest winners. These students will receive $50 from Access Energy Cooperative.
The poster contest focused on two themes: energy conservation/efficiency and renewable sources of energy such as wind, biomass and solar. The contest was designed to enhance education of Iowa students regarding these very important issues to Iowa.
Receiving $50 as winners of the cooperative-sponsored contest were:
• First Grade: Cooper Buffington and Olivia Martinez, Winfield-Mt. Union Elementary
• Second Grade: Camden Buffington and Kailey Neil, Winfield-Mt. Union Elementary
• Third Grade: Isabel Kann, Winfield-Mt. Union Elementary, and Saul Figueroa, Van Allen Elementary
• Fourth Grade: Alician Todd, Salem Elementary, and Zephan Abel, Central Lee Elementary
• Fifth Grade: Jenna Buffington, Winfield-Mt. Union Elementary, and Logan Lee, Salem Elementary
• Sixth Grade: Kaya Day, Winfield-Mt. Union Elementary, and Kendall Dascher, Home Schooled