- This event has passed.
Houghton/Cedar Township Chicken BBQ – Serving from 4PM to 7PM at the Houghton Knights of Columbus hall. 1/4 Chicken, 2 sides and a drink $6.00, 1/2 Chicken, 2 sides and a drink $10.00. Carry Outs Available. Donations will also be accepted.
A Look Back in History: New London Rallies for the Great War in 1917. The New London Journals of 1917 and 1918 provide the information for this presentation which will cover the following topics: area soldiers, the New London and Lowell Chapters of the American Red Cross and the New London Chapter of the Home Defense League. The program will begin at 1:30 p.m.
BHS band director Derrick Murphy will conduct this week’s Burlington Municipal Band concert at the Crapo Park bandshell. It’ll be Derrick’s 55th birthday and this concert will be his birthday present to the community! Derrick’s has picked some great pieces for the 7:30 PM concert including a Taylor Swift medley, a medley of Star Trek themes and Sousa of course! Come to the park for this free, family-friendly concert. Bring a lawn chair or blanket or sit on provided benches and help Derrick celebrate his birthday!
The Winfield Community Vacation Bible School (VBS) is excited to bring Keepers of the Kingdom to the United Methodist Church July 17th through July 20th. Keepers of the Kingdom VBS is for kids from Kindergarten though 5th grade. Each evening will kick-off with supper served at 5:30pm, followed by VBS from 6:00 to 8:00pm. More info HERE!
SIGN UP IS OPEN for VBS at First United Methodist Church! The dates are from Sunday, August 13- Thursday, August 17 from 5-:7:15pm. There will be a carnival for the entire family on the last night! Register online HERE!
Van Buren County Fair:
- 12:30 pm Communications Judging
- 5:00 pm 4-H/FFA & Open K-3 Horse Show—Goehring Arena
Henry County Fair:
- 8:30am Sheep Show
- 11:00am Goat Show – or will start 30 minutes following sheep show
- 12:00pm Release Bucket Calves, Rabbit & Poultry – clean up
- Adult Bags Tournament (WP)
- 1:00pm ATV Rodeo (Grandstand)
- 2:00pm Wine & Home Brew Contest (Tractor Headquarters). Annual competition at Henry County Fair sponsored by Airport Road Vineyard. Entry forms are now available at www.airportroadvineyard.com and information can be obtained by contacting David Rogers at319-400-8808.
- 5:00pm Releast All Static Exhibits & Clean Up
Washington County Fair:
- 1:00 Truck & ATV Mud Drag-S. of Grandstand
- 1:00-5:00 Car Show — N. of Depot
- 2:00-6:00 Insect Zoo^^
- 3:00-5:00 Open Class Exhibit Entry –Old School House
- 3:00 4-H & FFA Dog Obedience Show*
- 5:00 GARDEN TRACTOR PULL-Grandstand
- 7:00 WASHINGTON CO. QUEEN CONTEST # – 4-H Senior Recognition at intermission