Yesterday about 2 p.m. the Burlington Fire Department responded to a reported house fire at 243 S. 7th Street in Burlington. The two-story wood frame home was showing smoke, and flames were located inside when police and firefighters arrived on the scene. The fire spread into the wall and up to the attic but was able to be contained and extinguished just before 4:30 pm. The property was vacant at the time of the fire, and no injuries were reported. The house is considered a total loss due to fire and water damage. The cause of the fire is being investigated by the Burlington Police and Fire Departments and is considered suspicious. If anyone has any information regarding this fire, please call Crime Stoppers at 319-753-6835.
Recent News Stories
- News Lee County Fair Royalty Crowned July 6, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda July 6, 2022
- News Rally for Women’s Health to Be Held in Mount Pleasant July 6, 2022
- News Wayland City Council Meeting Agenda July 6, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count July 6, 2022
- News Players Workshop Holding Open Auditions for Fall Musical July 5, 2022