The Mount Pleasant City Council will meet in Regular Session Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at City Hall, 307 E. Monroe Street, second floor meeting room at 5:30 pm.
A G E N D A
- Roll Call.
- Consent Agenda: To the Public – All items with an asterisk (*) are routine
by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion and a roll call of the Council-
members. There will be no separate discussion of items unless the Mayor, a Councilmember
or citizen so request, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and
will be considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
- Receive & file communications – Annual Historic Preservation report;
- Approve agenda.
*5. Approve minutes of previous meeting.
*6. Approve payment of bills.
*7. Receive reports of Officers – Including Transfer Resolution for March;
- Old Business –
- Public hearing on proposed plans & specs for Adams Street PCC Pavement &
Drainage Improvements project (Monroe from Main to Adams & Adams St. from Monroe to Washington).
- Resolution approving award of contract for Adams Street improvements (Monroe from Main to Adams & Adams St. from Monroe Street to Washington Street).
- 3rd reading/adoption of proposed ordinance re: electric car charging parking.
- 3rd reading/adoption of proposed ordinance adding additional “No Parking” areas.
- 2nd reading of proposed ordinance to change yield sign to stop sign at Harlan & Lucas.
- 2nd reading of proposed ordinance amending zoning “Permitted Accessory Uses”
Regarding electrical vehicles.
* g) Renewal application for a Class C Beer Permit for Mt. Pleasant Redemption at
1001 North Broadway.
- New Business –
- a) Resolution authorizing a 28E Agreement with Henry County for collection
of vehicle parking fees.
- b) Approved Engagement letter with Ahlers Cooney Attorneys for purchase of
of street sweeper.
- c) Resolution setting date for hearing on proposed vacation & sale of alley tract
adjacent to 300 block North Jay/North Hamlin.
- d) Authorize purchase of airport fuel credit card system.
- e) Set hearing to Amend FYE20 budget for April 22, 2020.
- Approve City of Mount Pleasant Infectious Disease Action Plan Covid-19
- Public Forum.