The pandemic made it impossible for the Mount Pleasant High School FFA to hold a banquet last year to celebrate the first year of the Chapter’s return to the High School. But Friday night they made up for that and celebrated with the presentation of awards, the change of officers”Thank You’s” and acknowledgements. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and his wife Christie shared comments virtually and members reviewed projects and fundraising for the past two years. Marge Beckman and Mary Elgar were named Honorary Degree Recipients with honorary membership in FFA. This is the highest degree bestowed on a non-member. Advisor Matt Jones presented several awards….Star Salesman-Brennan Bender, Star Entrepreneur-Dalton Gardner, Star Greenhand-Courtney Raub, Star Chapter Farmer-Mitchell Moothart. Jack Schimmelpfennig received the “I Believe in the Future of Agriculture” award and Grace Sheets received the Panther Blue and Gold award. 19 members receeived the Greenhand Degree. This is the first degree FFA members can achieve. Mount Pleasant School Board member Chuck Andrew announced the formation of Alum and Friends of MPCHS FFA. Anyone who is interested in supporting the local chapter with time, talent or funds is encouraged to contact Mr. Jones at the High School.
Recent News Stories
- News Mediapolis Burglary Investigation May 17, 2021
- News Jim Mills, of Access Energy Cooperative, appointed to Iowa Illinois Safety Council May 17, 2021
- News HCHC Board Meeting Agenda May 17, 2021
- News Danville City Council Meeting Agenda May 17, 2021
- News MP School Board Meeting to Consider Updated COVID Guidance May 15, 2021
- News From the MP City Council Meeting May 14, 2021