Saturday at about 9 am the Mt. Union Fire Department was paged out for a fire at 109 W. Railroad Street. Winfield, Yarmouth, Washington and Morning Sun departments were all called for mutual aid. According to Mt. Union Fire Chief Shawn Bencze, whose home it is, said most of the damage was from smoke. He believes the fire was started by a window fan. Everyone was out in time with no injuries and Chief Bencze said there was a quick response time by the fire department.
Recent News Stories
- News More Information Regarding MP Shooting December 8, 2022
- News Another Fatal Crash Near New London December 8, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda December 7, 2022
- News Consumer Connection: Discussing Scams and Fraud with Your Family Members over the Holidays December 7, 2022
- News ALERT: Text messages claiming locked EBT Cards are a scam December 7, 2022
- News SFM Fairfield Honored with Iowa Venture Award December 7, 2022