The Henry County Board of Supervisors voted to take another look at the possibility of an ATV/UTV ordinance for the county. During the Tuesday meeting Supervisor Chad White said he is essentially supportive of an ordinance. It was also an issue he brought up during his campaign for supervisor. White said he continues to hear from county residents and felt the board needs to re-examine the issue. White has also been talking with the sheriff department in each of the surrounding counties. Every county that boarders on Henry County has a local ordinance. In the past the Henry County Board of Supervisors have always voted to continue to follow the state code and not allow the vehicles on the secondary roads unless they are being used for farm work. A local ordinance could determine the roads where the vehicles could be used, age of the operator, safety requirements, hours of operation, registration, etc.
Recent News Stories
- News From the MP City Council Meeting May 14, 2021
- News Developer Given Permission to Build on Old Buff’s Site May 13, 2021
- News Henry County Supervisors Meeting Agenda May 13, 2021
- News Two Vehicle Collision May 12, 2021
- News Henry County Supervisors Meeting Agenda May 12, 2021
- News West Point City Council Meeting Agenda May 10, 2021