Sunday, March 20, the Des Moines County Sheriff’s Department charged Larry Beeding of Mediapolis in connection with a shooting at a Mediapolis home. Saturday morning early the Department responded to a report that one person had been shot at 411 North Street. Deputies arrived on scene to discover two men who had suffered gunshot wounds. The investigation determined that Beeding recklessly discharged a firearm inside the house. A single round fired from a handgun by Beeding killed a family dog, struck Beeding in the hand and struck the second man, Aren Shafer in the upper body. Both Beeding and Shafer were taken to Southeast Iowa Regional Medical Center for treatment and then transferred to University Hospitals in Iowa City.. Shafer is in serious but stable conditoin. Beeding is in custody at the Des Moines County Correctional Center. He is charged with Reckless Use of a Firearm causing Serious Injury and Animal Abuse.
Recent News Stories
- News Winfield-Mt. Union Community School Board Meeting Agenda June 2, 2023
- News Farmers Market Nutrition Program Returns June 2, 2023
- News 100 Deadliest Days Begin June 2, 2023
- News Henry County Supervisors Agenda, June 6th June 1, 2023
- News Firework Use Times in Henry County June 1, 2023
- News 11-year-old Missing Child Found, Ottumwa Man Facing Charges June 1, 2023