City of Danville
105 West Shepherd Street
PO Box 265
Danville, IA 52623
September 18, 2023
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
NOTE: The regular session may be conducted electronically
as allowed by Iowa Code 21.8
Citizen comments: Comments must be directed to the subject under consideration. The presiding officer shall rule on the relevance of the citizen comments. Citizens making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting.
- Call to order 5:30 p.m. Notice the starting time.
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to City business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
- Discussion on the August 2023 DMC Sheriff’s reports. Action if needed.
- Review of the properties that received overgrowth and nuisance letters in violation of the City’s Nuisance Code, Chapter 8.08, and the Weeds & Brush Code, Chapter 8.16.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2023-17 on sending out violation letters to property owners regarding the City’s Nuisance Code, Chapter 8.08, and the Weeds & Brush Code, Chapter 8.16.
- Setting of Trick-or-Treat night for Danville’s Ghosts and Goblins.
- Fire Chief/Building Inspector report – action by council if needed.
- Approval, if needed, of building permits and/or report as presented.
- City Electrician report.
- Approval of report if needed.
- Public Works written report.
- Discussion and action on improving South Ash Street parking by the ball diamonds.
- Approval of the written report as presented.
- Approval of consent agenda.
- Council minutes of September 5, 2023.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Flyer received from the Iowa League of Cities – upcoming budget workshops. Action if needed.
- Setting of the next city council meeting.
A worksession will be held after the council meeting if needed to work on the survey forms for the CDBG income survey. Council will then be meeting with the members of the Danville & Pleasant Grove Township Trustees, starting at 6:30 p.m.