On 04/13/20 at approximately 11 pm Mt Pleasant Police were dispatched to 801 S. Hoaglin Drive reference a hit and run vehicle accident. Officers were notified that that the driver of the vehicle was Zachary Kloppenburg and that he was driving a silver Chevy Silverado. Officers met the offending vehicle on Hoaglin Drive which then took off at a high rate of speed and a short vehicle pursuit occurred. The pursuit was stopped for safety reasons. Kloppenburg was later caught and arrested by the Iowa State Patrol in the Henry County /Jefferson County line area after another vehicle pursuit. Zachary was charged with criminal mischief 2nd degree and Eluding by the Mt Pleasant PD. Iowa State Patrol filed additional charges.
Recent News Stories
- News More Information Regarding MP Shooting December 8, 2022
- News Another Fatal Crash Near New London December 8, 2022
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda December 7, 2022
- News Consumer Connection: Discussing Scams and Fraud with Your Family Members over the Holidays December 7, 2022
- News ALERT: Text messages claiming locked EBT Cards are a scam December 7, 2022
- News SFM Fairfield Honored with Iowa Venture Award December 7, 2022