The Iowa Department of Transportation’s goal during the winter season is to return roads to reasonably near normal winter driving conditions as quickly as possible after a winter storm. The department operates around the clock to clear roads of snow and ice. Your responsibility is to ensure your vehicles are in good operating condition for winter driving. Take time to find out about the weather and road conditions. You can check the D.O.T.’s website 511ia.org for up to date information on the state’s roads. Use good driving skills to avoid losing control of your vehicle. And operate safely around snow removal equipment. Give crews room to do their job.
Recent News Stories
- News Illegal Drug Use in Mediapolis, Man Arrested September 28, 2023
- News Noah’s Ark Animal Foundation Hosting Vaccination and Microchip Clinic September 28, 2023
- News Crisis Averted As Driver Successfully Maneuvers Vehicle After Wheel Falls Off September 28, 2023
- News Former President Donald Trump to Speak in Ottumwa October 1st September 27, 2023
- News Single Vehicle Accident Near Rural Trenton September 27, 2023
- News Dirt Bike and Go-Cart Collide Head On September 27, 2023