The Mount Pleasant City Council Ordinance committee has approved an ordinance for recommendation to the full council that will regulate the use of speed cameras. Tuesday morning the committee went thru the proposed ordinance with the Mount Pleasant Police Chief Lyle Murray who said the purpose is to cut down on speeding and increase safety. The equipment would be purchased from a company that would not only provide training but would also send out the tickets and collect the fines. The general public will have a chance to ask questions and share thoughts during any one of three readings. The readings will be held at the next three full council meetings. The contract for the equipment will be available at the third meeting the last week of October if the third and final reading is passed.
Recent News Stories
- News MP Band Results from Linn-Mar September 26, 2021
- News Congrats to New London Homecoming King and Queen! September 25, 2021
- News Don’t Forget About the Flu September 24, 2021
- News Arrest Made Following Investigation into Suspicious Activity September 24, 2021
- News Marching Panthers Headed to Lin-Mar Festival September 24, 2021
- News 2021 MP Homecoming Court Announced at Boom Night! September 24, 2021