The Mount Pleasant Public Library Children’s Discovery Center is now open. A space to play, explore and learn actually was conceived and launched in a small way at the local library before covid but then closures and staff changes put the project on hold and kept it from growing. However, over the last year Director Kayleigh Septer and Children’s Library Amy Willson have led the way on taking the designated space and turning it into what, they hope, will be a special place for families. Tuesday afternoon Miss Amy had a chance to see the kids check out everything the Discovery Center offers. She said that libraries can and have to be so much more now. There’s no admission cost and it is not required to be a library patron. The Discovery Center is located on the lower level of the Mount Pleasant Public Library Civic Center on East Monroe Street. Take the sidewalk between the east side of the Civic Center and Wisdom Quest and follow the signs. For the month of February the hours are Tuesdays from noon to 2 pm and Fridays from 10 am to noon. The staff hopes to expand the hours in the future.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa State Fair Board Election Results December 11, 2023
- News Christmas with the Governor December 11, 2023
- News Enhance Henry County Community Foundation Meeting Tuesday December 11, 2023
- News Burlington Burglary Bandits Bounced off the Street and into Jail December 11, 2023
- News Ottumwa Driver Dead After Sunday Afternoon Crash December 11, 2023
- News Choose Iowa Grant Application December 8, 2023