As the new year began Henry County residents had a chance to see the changes made to the interior of the Henry County Nature Center located at Oakland Mills. The facelift included construction of a huge tree for kids to climb in and a tunnel where the indoor fish pond used to be. Now it’s time to re-do the pond outside at the entrance to the Nature Center. Some other improvements coming before the summer season include re-roofing all the shelter houses in the parks and removing the pit toilets at Gibson Park and Mudcreek. Forty-five new fire rings for the camping areas will be purchased thru Iowa Prison Industries for $13,000 and a wash bay for equipment will be constructed away from the front of the shop. An assessment of the various parks that make up the Henry County Conservation district is underway so that planning can be done for future improvements.
Recent News Stories
- News Choose Iowa Grant Application December 8, 2023
- News Woman Killed in Burlington Now Identified December 8, 2023
- News Budget Cuts Coming to Henry County December 8, 2023
- News Cereal Box Drive Organized by Mt. Pleasant Highschoolers December 8, 2023
- News Two Men Flee After Traffic Stop in Mt. Pleasant Now Charged December 8, 2023
- News Man Arrested Months After Burglary December 8, 2023