Monday, November 6, 2023
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
Citizen comments: Comments must be directed to the subject under consideration. The presiding officer shall rule on the relevance of the citizen comments. Citizens making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting.
- Call to order 5:15 p.m..
- Action to go into closed session per Iowa Code 21.5 (1)(j) “to discuss the purchase or sale of particular real estate only where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for that property or reduce the price the governmental body would receive for that property.”
- Action to come out of closed session.
- Statement regarding the closed session. No action will be taken by council at this time.
- Action to temporarily adjourn until the start of the regular council meeting.
- Regular session call to order 6:00 p.m.
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to City business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
- Discussion with George and Jill Bowers via zoom. Action by council if needed.
- Presentation on the Plat of Survey as prepared by Lance Surveying Services, dated October 18, 2023.
- Discussion and action on Resolution 2023-18, approving the parcel boundaries of Auditor’s Parcel “?” as shown on the plat of survey dated October 18, 2023.
- Fire Chief/Building Inspector report.
- Approval, if needed, of building permits and/or report as presented.
- City Electrician report.
- Approval of report if needed.