On May 24, 2023, David Michael Phipps, a resident of Fairfield, Iowa, was arrested and criminally charged with sex abuse in the 3rd degree, a Class C felony in violation of Iowa Code section 709.4. It is alleged that Mr. Phipps, in the early morning hours of May 21, 2023, perpetrated a sex act against a person who was mentally incapacitated and incapable of providing consent. Mr. Phipps is being held in the Jefferson County Jail on a cash or surety bond in the amount of $10,000. A criminal charge is only an accusation based on probable cause, and Mr. Phipps is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in a court of law. Sexual abuse in the Third Degree is a forcible felony under the laws of the State of Iowa, and carries a maximum term of incarceration of 10 years.
Recent News Stories
- News Former President Donald Trump to Speak in Ottumwa October 1st September 27, 2023
- News Single Vehicle Accident Near Rural Trenton September 27, 2023
- News Dirt Bike and Go-Cart Collide Head On September 27, 2023
- News Weekly Fuel Report – Gas Prices Continue to Fall September 27, 2023
- News Build Iowa’s Future Design Challenge Provides K-12 Students Unique Opportunity September 27, 2023
- News New Community Survey for Healthy Food Options – Farmers Market September 27, 2023