ISU Extension and Outreach, Henry County is hosting a Farm Owners and Operators Meeting at the Henry County Extension Office in Mt. Pleasant (127 North Main Street) on Friday, December 17 from 8:00 am – 12:00pm. Breakfast will be served starting at 7:30 am.
Take an in-depth look into the outlook for agriculture in 2022 as the agriculture community starts planning for next year. Speakers and topics for this meeting include:
- Chad Hart– ISU Professor & Extension Economist and Crop Markets Specialist
- Crop Market Outlook and where are we at on carbon credits.
- Charles Brown– ISU Extension & Outreach Farm Management Specialist
- Cost of crop production for 2022 and break-evens?
- Kristine Tidgren– ISU Director for the Center for Agricultural Law and Taxation
- Tax update and things to be aware of in carbon credit contracts and energy leases.
- Dennis Todey– Director, USDA Midwest Climate Hub
- How is our weather acting and outlook for 2022.
The registration fee for this event is $30/person and pre-registration is required, as space is limited. Please contact the Henry County Extension Office at (319) 385-8126 to reserve your spot by December 13.