There has been a lot of curiosity about the old Iris Restaurant property on West Washington Street in Mount Pleasant. The property is now owned by Vegas Whaley who has plans to tear down the current building and put up a new structure for a car mechanic’s shop. Whaley purchased the property in July of 2022 from DD & MB, the company who bought the Iris from Dave and Carmen Heaton in 2008. Tear down will take place in the next two months. Whaley said everything depends on the weather but construction could begin as early as April. The new building will be 55 by 80 with 9 stalls and an office area. He hopes he will be ready for business mid summer to late fall.
Recent News Stories
- News Man Now Charged with Murder After Altercation with Father February 20, 2024
- News Semi Truck Slams into Car in Mt. Pleasant on Monday Morning February 20, 2024
- News 5 Injured in Washington County Collision on Friday February 20, 2024
- News Conversation with a Lincoln Collector: Ethan Afshani From New York February 19, 2024
- News Trouble in Milton: Two Occurrences of Theft in Three Days February 19, 2024
- News Parent-Teacher Conference Information for Mt. Pleasant High February 19, 2024