There has been a lot of curiosity about the old Iris Restaurant property on West Washington Street in Mount Pleasant. The property is now owned by Vegas Whaley who has plans to tear down the current building and put up a new structure for a car mechanic’s shop. Whaley purchased the property in July of 2022 from DD & MB, the company who bought the Iris from Dave and Carmen Heaton in 2008. Tear down will take place in the next two months. Whaley said everything depends on the weather but construction could begin as early as April. The new building will be 55 by 80 with 9 stalls and an office area. He hopes he will be ready for business mid summer to late fall.
Recent News Stories
- News Arrests Made In Copper Theft Case January 27, 2023
- News The Dickey Dispatch by Senator Adrian Dickey January 27, 2023
- News Winfield Will Receive State Waste Water Treatment Grant January 27, 2023
- News Narcotics Investigation in Fairfield January 27, 2023
- News Rinner receives Southeast Iowa County Services Extension Award January 27, 2023
- News Students of Character January 27, 2023