Mt Pleasant, Iowa – ISU Extension and Outreach – Henry County is hosting a Farm Owners and Operators Meeting at the Henry County Extension Office in Mt. Pleasant (127 North Main Street) on Monday, December 5 from 8:00 am – 12:30pm. Breakfast will be served starting at 7:15 am.
We will be taking an in-depth look into the outlook for agriculture in 2023 as the agriculture community starts planning for next year. Speakers and topics for this meeting include:
- Lee Schultz, ISU Associate Professor & Extension Livestock Economist, Economics
- Livestock prices and profitability outlook
- Bobby Martens– ISU Associate Professor, Extension Economist & Iowa Institute for Cooperatives
Endowed Economics Professor, Economics
- Supply, demand and transportation issues affecting agriculture
- Chad Hart– ISU Professor & Extension Economist and Crop Markets Specialist
- Crop prices and production outlook
- Kristine Tidgren– ISU Director, Center for Agricultural Law & Taxation, Dolezal Adjunct
Assistant Professor, Agricultural Education
- Farm tax update for retired farmers and changes in Iowa inheritance taxes
- Charles Brown– ISU Extension & Outreach Farm Management Specialist
- Update on crop production costs and profitability analysis
The registration fee for this event is $40/person and pre-registration is required, as space is limited. Please contact the Henry County Extension Office at (319) 385-8126 to reserve your spot by November 29.