Des Moines County Sheriff’s Office has arrested a Burlington man in connection with an incident in Middletown involving a gun.On March 6, at approximately 9:26p.m. deputies were dispatched to 403 Plains Street in Middletown, Iowa for a report of a gun being pulled on individuals at a party. Responding deputies were unable to locate the offender that evening. Detectives with the Des Moines County Sheriff’s Office investigated this incident, and it was determined that Riggin Michael Simpson, age 18, of Burlington, Iowa was the suspect who had pointed the gun at individuals at the party. March 25 Simpson was arrested for Harassment 1st Degree and Assault while Displaying a Dangerous Weapon. Simpson was transported to the Des Moines County Jail with a $10,000 bond.
Recent News Stories
- News Mediapolis Burglary Investigation May 17, 2021
- News Jim Mills, of Access Energy Cooperative, appointed to Iowa Illinois Safety Council May 17, 2021
- News HCHC Board Meeting Agenda May 17, 2021
- News Danville City Council Meeting Agenda May 17, 2021
- News MP School Board Meeting to Consider Updated COVID Guidance May 15, 2021
- News From the MP City Council Meeting May 14, 2021