The price of regular unleaded gasoline fell 15 cents, averaging $3.37 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.86 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $83.28.
- Brent crude oil fell $2.40 and is currently priced at $85.40.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $89.35 and Brent crude was at $95.17.
- As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.37 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 15 cents from last week’s price and are down 34 cents from a year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.66, down 13 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 4 cents this week with a statewide average of $4.26.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $5.04 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 24 cents less than the national average of $4.50.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.33 for U87-E10, $2.68 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.19 for ULSD#2, $3.70 for ULSD#1, and $2.43 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices were down 1 cent with a statewide average of $1.52 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices fell 24 cents, with a statewide average of $3.64 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices rose 24 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.26/MMbtu