Congratulations to recently named award recipients of the 2023 Access Energy Cooperative Lineworker Scholarship program! Receiving $2000 toward a line worker educational program are Payton Stevens and Vegas Watson. Payton will graduate from Central Lee High School. His plans are to attend the Powerline program at Northwest Community College. Vegas will graduate from New London High School, and also will be attending the Powerline program at Northwest Community College. In addition to the $9000 in scholarship money awarded to students whose parents or guardians of the applicant are members of Access Energy Cooperative, up to two $2000 line worker scholarships can be awarded to students planning to pursue a career as a line worker. Winners are chosen based on their academics, achievements, community involvement, and a personal interview. They must be enrolled or planning to enroll in a lineworker educational program. Access Energy Cooperative is a rural distribution electric cooperative, providing power to homes, farms, business and industry in 10 southeast Iowa counties.
Recent News Stories
- News Winfield-Mt. Union Community School Board Meeting Agenda June 2, 2023
- News Farmers Market Nutrition Program Returns June 2, 2023
- News 100 Deadliest Days Begin June 2, 2023
- News Henry County Supervisors Agenda, June 6th June 1, 2023
- News Firework Use Times in Henry County June 1, 2023
- News 11-year-old Missing Child Found, Ottumwa Man Facing Charges June 1, 2023