The Mount Pleasant City Council will meet in Regular Session Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at City Hall, via electronic meeting at 5:30 pm.
City Council – April 8, 2020
Wed, Apr 8, 2020 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM (CDT)
Please join from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (571) 317-3122
Access Code: 419-033-557
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts:
A G E N D A
- Roll Call.
- Consent Agenda: To the Public – All items with an asterisk (*) are routine
by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion and a roll call of the Council-
members. There will be no separate discussion of items unless the Mayor, a Councilmember
or citizen so request, in which event the item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and
will be considered in its normal sequence on the Agenda.
- Receive & file communications – Request to purchase 908 North Main Street;
- Approve agenda.
*5. Approve minutes of previous meeting.
*6. Approve payment of bills.
*7. Receive reports of Officers –
- Old Business –
- 3rd reading of proposed ordinance to change yield sign to stop sign at Harlan & Lucas.
- 3rd reading of proposed ordinance amending zoning “Permitted Accessory Uses”
regarding electrical vehicles.
- 5:30 pm Public Hearing on proposal to vacate and sell tracts of alley between blocks one and two of Peppers Subdivision (adjacent to 300 block Jay and Hamlin)
- Resolution approving vacation of alley between blocks one and two of Peppers Subdivision (adjacent to 300 block of Jay and Hamlin)
- Resolution approving transfer of alley tracts between blocks one and two of Peppers Subdivision (adjacent to 300 block Jay and Hamlin)
- Resolution setting date for Public Hearing on not to exceed $350,000 General Obligation Capital Loan Notes (Street Sweeper).
* g) Renewal application for Class A Liquor License for Veterans Club of Henry County
at 300 West Monroe Street.
- New Business –
- Authorize contract renewal for City employee health insurance.
- Resolution authorizing purchase of 1300 West Courtland Street.
- Approval of site plan for Casey’s General Store at 2105 E. Washington Street.
- Public Forum.