Jefferson County Attorney Chauncey Moulding announced Monday that remains were located near the train tracks south of Walton Lake. The remains were found in an advanced state of decomposition and are believed to have been there for a year or longer. Authorities suspected they are the remains of an adult male, but have not been identified as of this time. Cause of death has not been established, and the investigation is ongoing. However, initial investigation does not indicate any evidence of foul play. Those with information are asked to contact the Jefferson County Sheriff’s office.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa Ending FY2023 with Nearly 2 Billion Dollars in General Fund September 29, 2023
- News Flags to Fly at Half-Staff for Senator Feinstein September 29, 2023
- News Mt. Pleasant Man Arrested for Enticing a Minor September 29, 2023
- News Nationwide Test of the FEMA Emergency Alert on Wednesday October 4, 2023 September 29, 2023
- News October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month – Provides Many Opportunities to Support September 29, 2023
- News Panther Marching Band to Compete Twice on Saturday September 29, 2023