The Mount Pleasant School District and the City are discussing a resource officer for the district. During a recent city council personnel and finance committee meeting the possibility of using a Mount Pleasant police officer was discussed. Apparently, the school board financing committee expressed a willingness to pay 70% of that officer’s salary. There are some union questions but the idea would be for the officer to spend 7:30 am to 3:45 pm, 175 days out of the year in the schools when students are in class. The rest of the time would be regular patrol with the police department. Police Chief Lyle Murray said the number of calls to the Middle School and High School warrant putting a resource officer in place.
Recent News Stories
- News Fairfield Chamber Hosts Candidate Forum September 28, 2022
- News DANVILLE HOMECOMING 2022 September 28, 2022
- News Property Taxes Due September 28, 2022
- News Single Vehicle Crash September 28, 2022
- News Secretary Pate launches updated Voter Ready website ahead of November 8 general election September 28, 2022
- News Henry County Wind Energy Informational meeting September 27, 2022