Thursday, December 9 at about 6:30 pm the Mount Pleasant Police Department responded to the 600 block of South Jefferson Street for a report of a two-vehicle accident. Upon investigation, it was determined that a car operated by Paul Connolly of Mount Pleasant, was stopped in the roadway in the 600 block of South Jefferson Street facing northbound while waiting to make a left-hand turn onto West Webster Street. Another car operated by Bradley Sallee of Mount Pleasant, who was also traveling North on South Jefferson Street Sallee failed to see that the Connolly vehicle was stopped. Sallee failed to stop in an assured clear distance which resulted in a rear end collision. Sallee was found to be at fault and was cited for failure to stop in assured clear distance.
Recent News Stories
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count June 30, 2022