The Mount Pleasant Fire Department went out on two calls Tuesday night. The first call came in at 9:30 pm from 2116 270th Street. According to Fire Chief Drew Schumacher the property owner was doing a controlled burn but the winds picked up and it was feared the fire would spread too fast. Two brush trucks, a tanker and an engine were on the scene for about an hour. The second call was for a smoldering tree in Saunders Park along Saunders Park Road. The crew was only out for about 10 minutes just after 10:30 pm.
Recent News Stories
- News Wayland Council Agenda June 5, 2023
- News Plea Deal for Stolen Valor Met with Protests June 5, 2023
- News Danville City Council Meeting Agenda for June 5th June 3, 2023
- News Winfield-Mt. Union Community School Board Meeting Agenda June 2, 2023
- News Farmers Market Nutrition Program Returns June 2, 2023
- News 100 Deadliest Days Begin June 2, 2023