On 11/20 just after 10:30 pm the Mt. Pleasant Police Department was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of West Henry and North Jefferson Street. Upon investigation, it was determined that a car operated by Kleyton Benedict of Mt. Pleasant was stopped at the stop sign on West Henry Street at the intersection of North Jefferson Street . The Benedict vehicle continued to travel westbound on West Henry Street through the intersection, failing to yield to a second vehicle operated by Ping Mei of Mt. Pleasant which was traveling southbound on North Jefferson Street. The Mei vehicle struck the passenger side of Benedict’s car causing significant damage to both vehicles. The total damage to both vehicles was estimated to be in excess of $5,000.00. No injuries were reported to Officers. As a result of this investigation, Kleyton Benedict was cited for failure to yield right of way and Failure to provide proof of financial liability.
Recent News Stories
- News Additional Volunteers Needed for Home Delivered Meals Routes January 21, 2022
- News Vietnam War Vets to be Honored January 21, 2022
- News Daily Jail Count January 21, 2022
- News Former Teacher Arrested on Sexual Exploitation Charges January 20, 2022
- News Covid Cases in Henry County January 20, 2022
- News SCC to Host Free Financial Aid Workshop Feb 2 January 20, 2022