On 11/20 just after 10:30 pm the Mt. Pleasant Police Department was dispatched to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of West Henry and North Jefferson Street. Upon investigation, it was determined that a car operated by Kleyton Benedict of Mt. Pleasant was stopped at the stop sign on West Henry Street at the intersection of North Jefferson Street . The Benedict vehicle continued to travel westbound on West Henry Street through the intersection, failing to yield to a second vehicle operated by Ping Mei of Mt. Pleasant which was traveling southbound on North Jefferson Street. The Mei vehicle struck the passenger side of Benedict’s car causing significant damage to both vehicles. The total damage to both vehicles was estimated to be in excess of $5,000.00. No injuries were reported to Officers. As a result of this investigation, Kleyton Benedict was cited for failure to yield right of way and Failure to provide proof of financial liability.
Recent News Stories
- News Man Now Charged with Murder After Altercation with Father February 20, 2024
- News Semi Truck Slams into Car in Mt. Pleasant on Monday Morning February 20, 2024
- News 5 Injured in Washington County Collision on Friday February 20, 2024
- News Conversation with a Lincoln Collector: Ethan Afshani From New York February 19, 2024
- News Trouble in Milton: Two Occurrences of Theft in Three Days February 19, 2024
- News Parent-Teacher Conference Information for Mt. Pleasant High February 19, 2024