The Washington City Council met Tuesday in regular session. Mayor Pro Tem Millie Youngquist read a statement from Mayor Rosien, “Council, in light of individual conversations with you about what you feel would be best, I respectfully offer my formal leave of absence without pay. Pending a resolution of the charges that have been made against me, Jaron Rosien.” The Council’s prepared statement stated, “We accept this leave of absence, and it is our expectation that this leave means that Mr. Rosien will no longer be leading or attending meetings with the city or acting on behalf of the City of Washington in any way… We will work together to keep the city government of Washington afloat, balanced, and going in a forward direction. Thank you for your support.” On January 7th Rosien was charged with Sexual Abuse in the 3rd Degree, a Class C Felony.
Recent News Stories
- News Crash Report May 31, 2023
- News Iowa Crop Progress and Condition Report May 31, 2023
- News Henry County Board of Supervisors Meeting Agenda May 31, 2023
- News Stride Into Summer Family Walk Coming June 4th May 26, 2023
- News Cash Rents Reach New High in Iowa, Survey Shows May 26, 2023
- News Memorial Day Observance in Mount Pleasant May 26, 2023