The Washington City Council met Tuesday in regular session. Mayor Pro Tem Millie Youngquist read a statement from Mayor Rosien, “Council, in light of individual conversations with you about what you feel would be best, I respectfully offer my formal leave of absence without pay. Pending a resolution of the charges that have been made against me, Jaron Rosien.” The Council’s prepared statement stated, “We accept this leave of absence, and it is our expectation that this leave means that Mr. Rosien will no longer be leading or attending meetings with the city or acting on behalf of the City of Washington in any way… We will work together to keep the city government of Washington afloat, balanced, and going in a forward direction. Thank you for your support.” On January 7th Rosien was charged with Sexual Abuse in the 3rd Degree, a Class C Felony.
Recent News Stories
- News Man Now Charged with Murder After Altercation with Father February 20, 2024
- News Semi Truck Slams into Car in Mt. Pleasant on Monday Morning February 20, 2024
- News 5 Injured in Washington County Collision on Friday February 20, 2024
- News Conversation with a Lincoln Collector: Ethan Afshani From New York February 19, 2024
- News Trouble in Milton: Two Occurrences of Theft in Three Days February 19, 2024
- News Parent-Teacher Conference Information for Mt. Pleasant High February 19, 2024