The price of regular unleaded gasoline fell 13 cents, averaging $3.64 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $3.40 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $77.85.
- Brent crude oil fell $2.91 and is currently priced at $82.23.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $93.74 and Brent crude was at $99.49.
- As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.64 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 13 cents from last week’s price and are up 8 cents from a year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.85, down 1 cent from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 2 cents this week with a statewide average of $4.11.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $4.70 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 25 cents less than the national average of $4.36.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.53 for U87-E10, $2.96 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.25 for ULSD#2, $3.77 for ULSD#1, and $2.38 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices fell 16 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.53/MMbtu
- We will continue reporting retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa in September.