|Weekly Fuel Report
DES MOINES, Iowa (June 21, 2023) – The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 2 cents, averaging $3.38 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
· The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.57 per barrel and is currently priced at $72.55.
· Brent crude oil rose $2.30 and is currently priced at $77.10.
· One year ago, WTI crude sold for $110.65 and Brent crude was at $118.51.
· As of Wednesday, June 21, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.38 across Iowa according to AAA.
o Prices rose 2 cents from last week’s price and are $1.32 lower than one year ago.
o The national average on Wednesday was $3.58, down 1 cent from last week’s price.
· Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.64.
o One year ago, diesel prices averaged $5.41 in Iowa.
o The current Iowa diesel price is 26 cents less than the national average of $3.90.
· Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
· The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.44 for U87-E10, $2.81 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.54 for ULSD#2, $3.08 for ULSD#1, and $2.61 per gallon for E-70 prices.
· Natural gas prices rose 24 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.58/MMbtu
· We will continue reporting retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa in September.
Recent News Stories
- News Iowa Ending FY2023 with Nearly 2 Billion Dollars in General Fund September 29, 2023
- News Flags to Fly at Half-Staff for Senator Feinstein September 29, 2023
- News Mt. Pleasant Man Arrested for Enticing a Minor September 29, 2023
- News Nationwide Test of the FEMA Emergency Alert on Wednesday October 4, 2023 September 29, 2023
- News October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month – Provides Many Opportunities to Support September 29, 2023
- News Panther Marching Band to Compete Twice on Saturday September 29, 2023