|Weekly Fuel Report
DES MOINES, Iowa (June 29, 2023) – The price of regular unleaded gasoline held steady, averaging $3.38 across Iowa according to AAA.Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.98 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $69.57.
- Brent crude oil fell $3.08 and is currently priced at $74.02.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $109.78 and Brent crude was at $123.01.
- As of Thursday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.38 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices held steady from last week’s price and $1.24 lower than one year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.55, down 3 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 2 cents this week with a statewide average of $3.62.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $5.42 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 25 cents less than the national average of $3.87.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.43 for U87-E10, $2.79 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.45 for ULSD#2, $2.97 for ULSD#1, and $2.59 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Natural gas prices rose 7 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.65/MMbtu
- We will continue reporting retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa in September.
Tips for saving energy on the road or at home are available at energy.gov and fueleconomy.gov.