|Weekly Fuel Report
DES MOINES, Iowa (July 5, 2023) – The price of regular unleaded gasoline fell 6 cents, averaging $3.32 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
· The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $2.45 per barrel and is currently priced at $72.02.
· Brent crude oil rose $2.72 and is currently priced at $76.74.
· One year ago, WTI crude sold for $99.50 and Brent crude was at $110.49.
· As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.32 across Iowa according to AAA.
o Prices held fell 6 cents from last week’s price and are $1.26 lower than one year ago.
o The national average on Wednesday was $3.52, down 3 cents from last week’s price.
· Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 4 cents this week with a statewide average of $3.58.
o One year ago, diesel prices averaged $5.37 in Iowa.
o The current Iowa diesel price is 27 cents less than the national average of $3.85.
· Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
· The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.43 for U87-E10, $2.80 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.46 for ULSD#2, $2.99 for ULSD#1, and $2.52 per gallon for E-70 prices.
· Natural gas prices rose 1 cent at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.66/MMbtu.
· We will continue reporting retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa in September.
Tips for saving energy on the road or at home are available at energy.gov and fueleconomy.gov.