|Weekly Fuel Report
DES MOINES, Iowa (Jul. 20, 2023) – The price of regular unleaded gasoline rose 4 cents, averaging $3.37 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
· The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $.39 per barrel and is currently priced at $75.70.
· Brent crude oil fell $.17 and is currently priced at $79.60.
· One year ago, WTI crude sold for $102.26 and Brent crude was priced at $115.86.
· As of Thursday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.37 across Iowa according to AAA.
o Prices rose 4 cents from last week’s price and are $.87 lower than one year ago.
o The national average on Thursday was $3.58, up 4 cents from last week’s price.
· Retail diesel prices in Iowa rose 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $3.60.
o One year ago, diesel prices averaged $5.16 in Iowa.
o The current Iowa diesel price is 27 cents less than the national average of $3.87.
· Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
· The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.49 for U87-E10, $2.84 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $2.67 for ULSD#2, $3.18 for ULSD#1, and $2.60 per gallon for E-70 prices.
· Natural gas prices rose 13 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.76/MMbtu.
· We will continue reporting retail heating oil and propane prices in Iowa in September.
Recent News Stories
- News Tony Keefe – New LeeComm Director September 22, 2023
- News Mt. Pleasant Travels to Marion for Marching Band Contest September 22, 2023
- News Burlington Police Department Hiring September 22, 2023
- News 2023 Mt. Pleasant Homecoming Court September 22, 2023
- News HCHC Raising Funds for New Safety Vests September 21, 2023
- News One Lane Closure on 170th St September 21, 2023