The price of regular unleaded gasoline fell 15 cents, averaging $3.67 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil rose this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $1.53 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $92.63.
- Brent crude oil rose $1.96 and is currently priced at $95.74.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $78.50 and Brent crude was at $85.97.
- As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.67 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 15 cents from last week’s price and are up 4 cents from a year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.83, down 5 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 2 cents this week with a statewide average of $4.31.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $4.71 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 26 cents less than the national average of $4.57.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.56 for U87-E10, $2.94 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.32 for ULSD#2, $3.82 for ULSD#1, and $2.52 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices averaged $1.50 per gallon (last week’s report).
- Home heating oil prices averaged $3.86 per gallon (last week’s report).
- Natural gas prices rose 18 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $2.93/MMbtu