COVID-19 vaccine booster shots have been in the news a lot lately. Booster shots are common for many vaccines when protection starts to wear off over time. While not everyone needs a COVID-19 booster, some people are recommended to get one to boost your immune response and make sure you’re protected from the virus. If you are over 65 or at a higher risk due to medical conditions or job exposure you may be eligible. Henry County Public Health is holding a vaccine clinic at First Presbyterian Church in Mt. Pleasant this Friday, November 19th from 9am-12pm and another one at the New London Community Center this Friday from 3:30-6pm. They will have Moderna, J&J, and the Pfizer for children age 5-18. Whether you need your 1st dose or your booster dose, call Public Health to make an appointment at 319-385-0779. Walk-ins will also be welcomed. Find other vaccine clinic options and learn more at HealthyHenryCounty.org/covid. The COVID-19 vaccines continue to be remarkably effective in reducing risk of severe disease, hospitalization, and death, including against the delta variant. Protect yourself and your loved ones today.
Recent News Stories
- News Don’t Drink and Drive: Mt. Pleasant Man Charged After Rolling Pickup Truck February 26, 2024
- News Rep. Collins Announces Reelection Bid February 26, 2024
- News Welcome to Medicare Seminars Hosted by Great River Health February 26, 2024
- News Red Flag Warning – Do Not Burn Today February 26, 2024
- News InMotion Takes First! Grand Champions for Showchoir Group in Central Lee February 26, 2024
- News Mt. Pleasant Jazz Bands Spend Day at Coe College Jazz Summit February 26, 2024