The Winfield Fire Department with mutual aide from neighboring departments were able to contain a house fire to two bedrooms. The department was called out Friday at about 5:15 pm to the 300 block of Ash Avenue. The homeowner returned to find the house filled with smoke coming from one bedroom. The fire then spread to the second bedroom. Everyone was out of the house and no injuries were reported. Winfield Fire Chief Josh Sparrow said it looks like a ceiling fan junction box is to blame. He thinks there was a electrical problem with the box up in the attic and high windows coming thru the attic could have caused the sparks to flame up.
Recent News Stories
- News Former Iowa Wesleyan Buildings Repurposed to 150+ Apartments February 22, 2024
- News Lee County Sheriff’s Office is Hiring February 22, 2024
- News Gas Prices over $3 Across Iowa – Weekly Fuel Report February 22, 2024
- News 3 Arrested at Ottumwa Home After Search Warrant Reveals Firearms, Drugs February 22, 2024
- News Two Central Lee Students at American Junior Academy of Science February 21, 2024
- News FFA Strawberries Enroute! February 21, 2024