KILJ was alerted of a fire at 214 W Corry Court in Mt. Pleasant around 2:00pm on Friday, November 17th. The initial fire was fought by firefighters and cleared. Then, at 3:13pm, the fire started again and the Mt. Pleasant Fire Department was called in. The Mt. Pleasant Municipal Utilities were aware of a power outage south of town. Power has been restored to this area. Mt. Pleasant Utilities reports that a varmint got into the transformer, caused some sparks that ignited the tires and flammable materials at the bottom of that pole.