Wednesday afternoon Mount Pleasant Fire Department, with assistance from New London, responded to a report of a structure fire at 304 S. Haynes. Crews arrived at the location of G&R Auto Body to find smoke coming from the building owned by Alan Coop. According to Mount Pleasant Fire Chief Drew Schumacher, grass and debris caught fire outside the building where steel was being cut. The fire spread to the building. Two engines, two support trucks and 12 firefighters were on the scene for about two hours along with an engine and firefighters from New London. Henry County EMS also responded to the scene but the Chief said there were no injuries and only minor fire damage.
Recent News Stories
- News Choose Iowa Grant Application December 8, 2023
- News Woman Killed in Burlington Now Identified December 8, 2023
- News Budget Cuts Coming to Henry County December 8, 2023
- News Cereal Box Drive Organized by Mt. Pleasant Highschoolers December 8, 2023
- News Two Men Flee After Traffic Stop in Mt. Pleasant Now Charged December 8, 2023
- News Man Arrested Months After Burglary December 8, 2023