On September 9 at approximately 4:08AM, the Henry County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a car vs. deer crash near the intersection of New London Road & Salem Road south of Lowell, Iowa. After an investigation it was determined Richard Marion Nelson of West Point, Iowa, was operating a white, 2017, cargo van traveling northbound on New London Road. A deer ran out in front of the cargo van which caused the cargo van to strike the deer with its front left grill/bumper area. The van sustained functional damage. No injuries were reported. The total estimated damages to the van were approximately $3,500.
Recent News Stories
- News Juveniles Arrested for Vandelism May 8, 2021
- News Smith Plumbing, Heating & Cooling 2021 Small Business of the Year May 7, 2021
- News KILJ Mother of the Year! May 7, 2021
- News MP School District Site and Policy Committee Meetings on Friday May 6, 2021
- News Mount Pleasant Street Closure May 6, 2021
- News Libertyville Savings Bank Supports Agribusiness Program at Iowa Wesleyan May 6, 2021