Monday, March 20, 2023
Order of business, regular session
Danville City Council, Danville City Hall
NOTE: The regular session may be conducted electronically
as allowed by Iowa Code 21.8
Citizen comments: Comments must be directed to the subject under consideration. The presiding officer shall rule on the relevance of the citizen comments. Citizens making personal, impertinent, or slanderous remarks may be barred by the presiding officer from further comment before the Council during the meeting.
- Call to order, 5:30 p.m.. (Note the starting time)
- Accept or amend the agenda. PLEASE NOTE: Depending on the length of the regular session, the city council may have to recess before the start of the joint meeting with the Trustees, which is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m.. Council will then, at the end of the Trustees joint meeting, motion to go back into regular session to finish the agenda if needed.
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding city business. The Mayor and City Council welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to City business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
- Discussion and action on the DMC Sheriff’s February 2023 report.
- Matt Walker, City Engineer.
- Update on the Wastewater Treatment plant project. Action by council if needed.
- Update on the proposed 2023/2024 budget.
- Review of the upcoming proposed budget as prepared by the Council.
- Review of the budget requirement by presenting the Notice of Public Hearing – Proposed Max Property Tax Levy form.
- Action by council to set the required public hearing date for the Max Property Tax Levy.
- Action by council to publish the Max Property Tax Levy notification.
- Fire Chief/Building Inspector report.
- Building permits approval.
- Action on the verbal/written report as presented.
- City electrician’s report
- Action by council if needed.
- Public Works written report.
- Approval of the written report as presented.
Page 1 of 3
March 20, 2023
- Approval of consent agenda.
- Council minutes of March 6, 2023.
- Beer and Liquor permits belonging to Old 34 Gas & Grill.
- Payment of bills.
- Council reports and correspondence.
- Acknowledgement of receiving Waters Park from Des Moines County.
- Closed session with Ryan Gerling, City Attorney.
- Action to go into closed session per Iowa Code 21.5(1)( j) to discuss the purchase or sale of particular real estate only where premature disclosure could be reasonably expected to increase the price the governmental body would have to pay for that property or reduce the price the governmental body would receive for that property.
- Action to come out of closed session.
- Statement by City Attorney if needed.
- Action by Council if anything from the closed session is needed.
- Adjournment of the regular city council meeting. Council will be meeting with the Danville and Pleasant Grove Township Trustees, starting at 6:30 p.m., Danville City Hall. The next regular session of the Danville City Council is scheduled for Monday, April 3, 2023, Danville City Hall.
Page 2 of 3
March 20, 2023
Monday, March 20, 2023
Order of business, regular joint meeting
Danville City Council and Danville & Pleasant Grove Township Trustees
to be held at Danville City Hall
- Call to order, 6:30 p.m..
- Accept or amend the agenda.
- Open forum: A time set aside to receive comments from the public regarding fire department business. The Council and Trustees welcome comments from the public on any subject pertaining to fire department business, including items on this agenda. You are asked to state your name and address for the record and to limit your remarks to five minutes in order that others may be given the opportunity to speak. The Order of Business is at the discretion of the Chair. No action will be taken.
- Fire Chief’s report.
- Discussion and action on the 2022 Year End report.
- Discussion and action on the first quarter 2023 report.
- Review of the budget information for the upcoming 2023/2024 year. Action if needed.
- Approval of the December 5, 2022 minutes.
- Discussion and action regarding the bills as presented.
- Discussion and action on adding and/or removing members from the Fire Department.
- Setting of next joint meeting.