On June 21st, 2020, at approximately 3:50 p.m. the Henry County Sheriff’s Office was called to the 2100-grid of Hickory Avenue for a disturbance/civil issue between a man and a woman. Deputies arrived and began to investigate the situation. During the investigation, information was learned of a marijuana grow on the property. The Henry County Sheriff’s Office applied for search warrants for the property. Several marijuana plants, marijuana in excess of a pound, and drug paraphernalia were located during the execution of the warrants. Peter Barton, 52 of Mount Pleasant, has been charged with two (2) counts of Controlled Substance Violations, D-Felony, and eight (8) counts of Drug Tax Stamp Violations, D-Felony.
Recent News Stories
- News Change of Date July 3, 2022
- News First Case of Monkeypox in Iowa July 2, 2022
- News Hy-Vee Voluntarily Withdraws All Potato Salad Varieties Due to Presumptive Positive Microbial Test Result July 1, 2022
- News YOUNG FARMERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY FOR IOWA FARM BUREAU’S “GROW YOUR FUTURE” AWARD July 1, 2022
- News 4 Safety Tips to Enjoy Fireworks July 1, 2022
- News Road Construction Update June 30, 2022