On June 21st, 2020, at approximately 3:50 p.m. the Henry County Sheriff’s Office was called to the 2100-grid of Hickory Avenue for a disturbance/civil issue between a man and a woman. Deputies arrived and began to investigate the situation. During the investigation, information was learned of a marijuana grow on the property. The Henry County Sheriff’s Office applied for search warrants for the property. Several marijuana plants, marijuana in excess of a pound, and drug paraphernalia were located during the execution of the warrants. Peter Barton, 52 of Mount Pleasant, has been charged with two (2) counts of Controlled Substance Violations, D-Felony, and eight (8) counts of Drug Tax Stamp Violations, D-Felony.
Recent News Stories
- News Public Invited to D.A.R. Celebration March 22, 2023
- News Mount Pleasant Man Identified As Victim in Crash March 22, 2023
- News From the Iowa Department of Public Safety Regarding Swatting Calls March 22, 2023
- News Rash of Swatters March 21, 2023
- News NEW REPORT REINFORCES IOWA AGRICULTURE’S ROLE IN ‘FEEDING THE ECONOMY’ March 21, 2023
- News Anamosa State Penitentiary On Restricted Movement As Investigation Into Unknown Substance Continues March 21, 2023