One person died and another was injured in a single vehicle crash that occurred just after 11 am Wednesday. John Thornton of Salem was driving a truck owned by WEMIGA Waste of Mount Pleasant when he lost consciousness. The truck first went off the road and then crossed back over both lanes and rolled coming to rest in the ditch. Thornton died in the crash and a passenger in the truck, Michael Hines of Mount Pleasant was injured and taken to Henry County Health Center. The truck was westbound in the 1200 block of Old Hwy 34 when the crash occurred.
Recent News Stories
- News Winfield-Mt. Union Community School Board Meeting Agenda June 2, 2023
- News Farmers Market Nutrition Program Returns June 2, 2023
- News 100 Deadliest Days Begin June 2, 2023
- News Henry County Supervisors Agenda, June 6th June 1, 2023
- News Firework Use Times in Henry County June 1, 2023
- News 11-year-old Missing Child Found, Ottumwa Man Facing Charges June 1, 2023