Two people were injured and a Burlington man was killed in a crash Friday in Louisa County at about 4:15 pm on Highway 61 south of Highway 78. According to the Iowa State Patrol Herman Schafer of Burlington was driving south on Hwy 61 approaching a curve in the road. His van went off the shoulder and Schafer overcorrected sending the van over the center line into the northbound lane of traffic. The Schafer vehicle hit a northbound vehicle driven by Andrew Beaver of Wapello. Beaver and a passenger, Rebecca Beaver, both of Wapello, were taken by ambulance to Great River Medical Center. The accident remains under investigation.
Recent News Stories
- News Frank C. “Sandy” Hedges May 10, 2021
- News West Point City Council Meeting Agenda May 10, 2021
- News Summer Outdoor Concerts with Fairfield Arts & Convention Center May 10, 2021
- News Henry County Supervisors Meeting Agenda May 10, 2021
- News Assault With a Taser May 10, 2021
- News Juveniles Arrested for Vandelism May 8, 2021