The price of regular unleaded gasoline fell 15 cents, averaging $3.52 across Iowa according to AAA.
Crude Oil Summary
- The price of global crude oil fell this week on the West Texas Intermediate (WTI) by $6.49 per barrel over last week, currently priced at $86.14.
- Brent crude oil fell $7.96 and is currently priced at $87.80.
- One year ago, WTI crude sold for $86.52 and Brent crude was at $93.74.
- As of Wednesday, the price of regular unleaded gasoline averaged $3.52 across Iowa according to AAA.
- Prices fell 15 cents from last week’s price and are up 13 cents from a year ago.
- The national average on Wednesday was $3.79, down 4 cents from last week’s price.
- Retail diesel prices in Iowa fell 1 cent this week with a statewide average of $4.30.
- One year ago, diesel prices averaged $4.65 in Iowa.
- The current Iowa diesel price is 26 cents less than the national average of $4.56.
- Wholesale ethanol held steady and is currently priced at $2.16.
- The current Des Moines Terminal/Rack Prices are $2.45 for U87-E10, $2.82 for Unleaded 87 (clear), $3.62 for ULSD#2, $3.86 for ULSD#1, and $2.50 per gallon for E-70 prices.
- Propane prices were up 3 cents with a statewide average of $1.53 per gallon.
- Home heating oil prices rose 2 cents, with a statewide average of $3.88 per gallon.
- Natural gas prices rose 9 cents at the Henry Hub reporting site and are currently priced at $3.02/MMbtu